giovedì 13 maggio 2010

Pre-departure

I need to be at the airport in about three hours, and my suitcase is still empty. Don't worry, I'll make it in time. Anyway, I am both nervous and excited to be heading for Italy. I have traveled out of the country before (LDS mission to Brazil, study abroad in Costa Rica, and vacation in Mexico), but I have never really traveled on my own--until I meet Vincent at the hotel tomorrow evening. And I wish I were more confident in my Italian. Nevertheless, it will be exciting.

This will be my first time to Italy, and to Europe for that matter. Exploring Rome for a day should be interesting. It is so full of ancient history. Then, I get to head to Siena and meet my family which I will be staying with for the next five weeks or so. And maybe my "mom" can give me some cooking tips! I hope to have an enjoyable and educational experience. I hope my Italian will improve enough to where I can get to know some Italian people and learn about their lives.

But first, I best be packing my bags-

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento